A durable, comfortable and easily adjustable rucksack built for long-distance treks and overnight camps - perfect for DofE expeditions.
The Vango Contour 60+10 Rucksack is officially recommended for DofE groups, backpackers or school groups, and with good reason - its combination of ergonomic shaping, simple adjustability, practical design features and rugged materials make it ideal for extended voyages into the outdoors.
Vango's 'Quick Adjust' Back System, which uses an alloy frame and hook-and-loop/webbing ladder,
gives you uncomplicated adjustment of the back length and strap position for the most comfortable carrying fit, so it's ideal for shared use between multiple trekkers (and it's also great for growing bodies!)
The shaped straps, adjustable harness and padded hip belt make it very comfortable over long distances, while compression straps, pro-weave pockets and the pack's overall slim profile make sure your load is stabilised on your back.
It has space formost types of hydration reservoirs, with attachments to carry ice axes or walking poles, easy-grab handles and reflective detailing to help keep you seen when light is low.
- Strong, abrasion resistant Excel® 600D Polyester with Excel® 1680D Polyester base fabric
- Shaped adjustable harness for the optimum fit and comfort (shoulder fit guide indicates correct adjustment)
- Designed for backs measuring between 50-60cm (from hip to C7 vertebrae)
- AirMesh on rucksack straps lets air flow through to keep you cool
- Top lid access with extendable gaiter and buckle closure
- Additional zip pocket under lid for small items
- Strong,reliable Duraflex buckles
- Detachable rain cover in the base keeps pack dry and aids visibility in low light
- Expansion side zip pockets - extra storage capacity when required
- Pro-weave side pockets - highly durable, yet extremely flexible - sit flush with the pack when empty
- Dual side compression straps
- Sternum strap with easy-to-reach emergency whistle
- Webbing grab handle between shoulder straps
|Adjustable Back System:
||25 x 80 x 33
Add A Review
Great for DofE, 20 December 2015
By Katie Grundy
I bought this bag at the bargain price of £45 and it performed amazingly well for the price. Yes, there are better bags out there but for the price I do not believe it can be beaten. I would recommend getting the bigger pack as other people I was with that took a 50 +10 struggled to fit everything in. The padding in the shoulders and adjustable back plate made the bag extremely comfortable to wear even with the 15+ kg that was inside. You can adjust it to fit almost anyone and adjusting it is easy to do. I thoroughly recommend this bag to anyone that doesn't want to spend a fortune but still wants quality and durability.
Get what you pay for, 05 June 2015
I bought this product yesterday for my D of E, seeing as it is the one used by my school. However, as i was trying it out, the chest strap buckle broke off due to faulty stitching, and after practicing packing it twice, i could see the stitches which should not be visible. Now the night before i go i am having to go and return it. It is however very comfortable and i like the amount of size changes. A classic case of get what you pay for - don't expect miracles for this price, most bags cost about twice as much.
Great value for money, 05 January 2015
By Peter (North East)
Used and abused for about a year now and its still in one piece.
- The bellows pockets are a nice touch, gives you quick access to a rain jacket and a place to put climbing shoes without smelling out the rest of the bag
- can carry a good weight. Iv had roughly 30kg crammed into it and all the straps and Velcro on the adjustable back held strong
- built in rain cover is handy for holding stuff attached to the outside of the bag in place. i like to use the elastic for strapping sleeping bags and roll mats too (when carrying multiple for the girlfriend) and the cover stops the swinging around. its also a very secure pocket as i doubt the average thief would know to check it!
- The zips on the curved flap at the bottom often snag and can be difficult to open when fully packed. however mine have not broken yet
- The stitching at the strap attachments is a little weaker than i would like. almost broke it when tightening the compression strap. although maybe it was my fault for over stuffing!
overall, a good durable and comfortable pack for the price, but be careful of over packing it as the seems do not like the stress.
Very good!, 07 December 2013
Amazing, 17 November 2013
By Cadet Vidge (Essex)
This bag is high quality, it is very spacious and is undamagable. The top compartment above the head is great for easy access when wearing the bag, its a great place for first aid kits and torches ect. The only bad thing about this bag is the ajustable back piece, as it is velcro when walking it makes the annoying velcro noise. That is the only downside, but I would highly reccomend this bag, great for d of e. :)
YOUR ORDER, YOUR WAY
At GO Outdoors we offer a wide range of delivery options to suit your needs. You can come into one of our fantastic stores to collect or have your items delivered to you at your convenience.
Please see our delivery page for more information. Restrictions apply. Prices and delivery times may vary for remote or rural parts of the UK. Working days are Monday-Friday, excluding UK Bank Holidays.
Check stock and reserve items at your store for collection the same day. If the items are available for home delivery, then we can arrange to have them delivered to your local store for the following day
Free Delivery over £50
You've spent over £50, you qualify for free delivery
Next Working Day
Upgrade your order to next day! Order by 8pm and get your item delivered to you the next working day.
Order by 8pm and get your item delivered to you by 12pm the next working day (Not available for NI, Channel Islands or Highlands)
Delivery before 10:30am
Order by 8pm and get your item delivered to you by 10:30am the next working day (Not available for NI, Channel Islands or Highlands)
Order by 8pm Friday for delivery on Saturday (Not available for NI, Channel Islands or Highlands)
British Forces Post Office
Forces ONLY and cannot be used for civilian or business deliveries
International Delivery will take between 7 - 10 days and you are liable for any local duty and/or taxes
Returning an Item
If you receive your order and it is not what you are expecting you can return it back to us within 30 days of receiving the goods for an exchange or refund (including the delivery charge if you return it within 14 days).
You can return your items by using Collect+ or by taking them to any GO Outdoors store (except Hathersage) using your delivery note as proof of purchase.
Unfortunately, orders paid for using PayPal cannot be returned to store and we are currently unable to offer free returns as we offer free delivery over £50 as standard.
See our returns policy for more information.