A waterproof, insulated jacket for staying well protected this winter.
The Regatta Greatgable Men's Waterproof Insulated Jacket will keep you warm and dry during cold and unpredictable weather.
Constructed from Isotex 15000 endurance stretch performance fabric, which boasts fantastic waterproofing and breathability, along with taped seams, ensuring total protection from the weather.
Thermo-Guard synthetic insulation offers fantastic warmth without feeling too bulky or restrictive, keeping you nice and warm when the temperature starts to drop.
The volume adjustable hood, along with the cuffs and shockcord hem, can be adapted to shield you from driving wind and rain.
Easy access external pockets, with water resistant zips, allow plenty of room for any essentials, and are positioned higher up to accommodate a packs hipbelt strap.
- Durable Water Repellent finish
- Inner stormflap with chin guard
- Articulated sleeves for enhanced range of movement
- Easy access pockets with water resistant zips
- Internal map pocket
- Adjustable cuffs
- Adjustable shockcord hem
Regatta's POINT 214 range of clothing gives fellwalkers, ramblers, scramblers and hikers technical walking gear that they can rely on.
Engineered to protect on wet and windy peaks, they have 'Endurance fit' and durable fabrics, built for comfort in times of prolonged wear.
||Active / Performance
|Stiffened Hood Peak:
|Volume Adjustable hood:
Add A Review
Great choice, 30 November 2015
By Ste Crawford (Liverpool)
Great jacket, kept me warm and dry on many walks. More of a winter coat than autumn, only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because it's not very breathable.
Great Jacket, 23 April 2015
By PeterP (Oxfordshire)
I found the conflicting reviews of this jacket very strange and can only imagine there may be some manufacturing differences - however my view is the jacket is manufactured on the small side - I had to buy a medium size rather than my usual small as I couldn't even do it up. It is marketed as Active fit and that probably is why its it such a body hugging style and also a lot shorter than many jackets - more like a 'Bomber Jacket' fit. You definitely have to try it on for size and fit before buying.
As for the insulation value - I normally wear a polo shirt and sweatshirt under my jackets but with this I get far too hot and find it best with just a polo shirt - especially sleeveless as for some reason my arms get very hot in this jacket and this is even when walking in the Lake District hills in winter. I certainly cannot wear it unless the weather is fairly cold as I just get too hot in it - certainly a lot warmer than my previous 3 in 1 jacket.
I've not worn it much in the rain so cannot comment on that aspect but in light showers it appears to shed water very easily.
Overall a great buy for the colder winter weather.
Best Price/Perfomance, 18 February 2015
Had this jacket for around a 50€, i cans say its the best priced jacket ive ever bought. For its price it has an outstanding performance, though it has some flaws.
1) Its extremely waterproof. Tested in situations where my gtx shoes and softshell trousers, got all wet, my greatgable jacket kept me 100% dry.
2) Outer fabric (isotex) is nice and tough. Had it against sharp objects one or two times, got no tears. Not that's ripstop. Seams also look nice and durable
3) It has very usefull cords (3 on the hood, 2 on the waist hem.
4) Hood is well designed, keeps your face out of the water as possible.
5) Main zip is very nice fastening all the way up , forming a chin guard, which combined with the hood can offer a very nice protection of your whole head. All zips are waterproof.
6) Has inner pocket.
8) 3 year warranty from Reggata
1) Has a little baggy overall design, which if you have a short upperbody might be a little long, or be a little funny.
2) Its not for heavy cold! It feld very good at 5-8 celsius and heavy winds. But down at zero, its not good. It doesnt react with humidity too. Cold was even more annoying. For a 2-3 degrees dry day, its warm enough. But below that temperature combined with winds and humidity you will need very good base layers and inner clothes.
3) Fasteners on the sleeves are a bit weird, with a small male velcro not big enough to fasten with the right proportions to the female one. But its operating well.
4) Inner pocket is very low. Considering rain or cold, is annoying to unzip whole zip to grab something from the pocket.
5) main zip, could be a little less stiff.
Problems of my personal use (i dont know if these are general problems):
1) One time i wanted to fasten my sleeve really tight, so i ripped off the velcro fastener. I loved my hem fasteners and it was no big deal to sew it back on. It seems flawless.
2) isotex label print on sleeve is slowly fading out.
This was my full review on the jacket, reviewd literally under microscope. In conclusion its a really decent jacket, with very good performance and considering its price, with negligible flaws. I highly suggest it for your every day life, or your countryside/mountain walks/hikes/trips but not for extreme conditions like subzero temps, ice , or snow. All in all If you're not satisfied by its performance you should raise your price.
regetta greatgable jacket, 01 February 2015
By Dan (RM11 1PG)
A great jacket, waterproof, windproof and lightweight! Although I've only walked the dog, an hour at a time, in the wind, rain, sleat and snow and at times at -2 with just a t shirt underneath, completely warm and dry! I would say that for the money it's a outstanding jacket!
Good but not Great gable, 29 December 2014
By Anto (Sheffield)
I bought this with the winter in mind. It fits well, and I cannot argue with the level of waterproofing at all.
My one disappointment lies in the insulating ability of the jacket. Having worn it during the current snowy/cold snap I have found it to be less warm than my Compresslite by craghoppers. Not what I expected! Don't let that put you off though. It's a good coat at a very good price. Just wear an extra layer underneath.
This size chart should act as a guide only.
Men's Size Chart
Men's Size Chart
YOUR ORDER, YOUR WAY
At GO Outdoors we offer a wide range of delivery options to suit your needs. You can come into one of our fantastic stores to collect or have your items delivered to you at your convenience.
Please see our delivery page for more information. Restrictions apply. Prices and delivery times may vary for remote or rural parts of the UK. Working days are Monday-Friday, excluding UK Bank Holidays.
Check stock and reserve items at your store for collection the same day. If the items are available for home delivery, then we can arrange to have them delivered to your local store for the following day
Orders are dispatched for delivery within 3 - 5 working days.
Next Working Day
Order by 8pm and get your item delivered to you the next working day.
Order by 8pm and get your item delivered to you by 12pm the next working day (Not available for NI, Channel Islands or Highlands)
Delivery before 10:30am
Order by 8pm and get your item delivered to you by 10:30am the next working day (Not available for NI, Channel Islands or Highlands)
Order by 8pm Friday for delivery on Saturday (Not available for NI, Channel Islands or Highlands)
British Forces Post Office
Forces ONLY and cannot be used for civilian or business deliveries
International Delivery will take between 7 - 10 days and you are liable for any local duty and/or taxes
Returning an Item
If you receive your order and it is not what you are expecting you can return it back to us within 30 days of receiving the goods for an exchange or refund (including the delivery charge if you return it within 14 days).
You can return your items by using Collect+ or by taking them to any GO Outdoors store (except Hathersage) using your delivery note as proof of purchase.
Unfortunately, orders paid for using PayPal cannot be returned to store and we are currently unable to offer free returns as we offer free delivery over £50 as standard.
See our returns policy for more information.