A midweight soft shell hoody that's built for cold weather alpine activity.
Conceived for ski touring, but actually excellent all-round mountain wear, the Rab Exodus Jacket
is a weather-resistant, breathable and stretchy softshell layer with a close but unrestrictive fit.
Made using Rab's Matrix DWS (double weave stretch) fabric, with articulated sleeves, it flexes with you as you move and won't leave you exposed even when you're at full stretch.
It has pit zips so you can avoid overheating, an adjustable (helmet compatible) hood with a wired peak for effective weather protection, 2 large A-line pockets for your essentials and adjustable cuffs that let you roll your sleeves up for cooling.
- Heavyweight Matrix DWS fabric (non-membrane)
- YKK calendered front zip with internal storm flap
- Chin guard
- 2 A-line YKK calendered zipped pockets (plus 1 small YKK calendered zipped security pocket on sleeve)
- YKK calendered pit zips
- hook and loop® cuffs
- Hem drawcord
- Fit: Regular
This product has bluesign® certification, meaning sustainable production methods have been used.
||Any Hood, Helmet Compatible, Stiffened Peak
Add A Review
Perfect softshell for me, 27 January 2017
By Desmond Tutu (Desborough, Northants)
This has been my go-to jacket this winter, I chose this as one of the reviews advised if you run hot or perspire a lot then this is the one.
I chose a size up from what I normally wear as the XL was slightly snug and I like to layer up when it's really cold. As with all Rab items, the arm length is spot on and is something I struggle with other manufacturers.
The hood fits over a helmet well and fits great without when its cinched down.
Although this jacket is not waterproof, I found it pretty water resistant in light showers when windchill is a factor. I would never intentionally wear it out in a downpour but it's good to know that it stands up to some moisture! Earlier reviewers complaining that it's not waterproof have been mis sold the item or assumed that as it was Rab and expensive it must be waterproof!
If you haven't guessed, I love this jacket and use it on the mountains, dog walking, knocking about town etc. Oh and the pockets are still accessible with a harness on which is a big bonus!
I've yet to find a Rab garment that i've not been happy with............Hope I haven't jinxed it.
Great softshell for mixed climbing, 29 November 2016
By Ennoch (Edinburgh)
The Exodus is a superb jacket for Scottish winter mixed climbing, although it isn’t perfect:
- It lacks a membrane but keeps the worst of damp conditions out and it rarely wets through. Even when it does, it dries really quickly, and doesn't become cold. It’s virtually windproof (i.e you don’t notice any chilling with it) thanks to it being a pretty thick material, and re-proofing it with a DWR spray occasionally keeps it working really well.
- The sleeves are long enough (Arcteryx seem to struggle with this even on their climbing specific gear) and the cuff adjustable enough to fit over/under gloves as necessary and not ride down your arms even at full over-head stretch.
- The hood is great for fitting over even bulky helmets and doesn’t lift the hemline of the jacket up to cause drafts, and is easily cinchable to keep it properly in place.
- The material is absolutely bombroof and aside from some of the stitching now beginning to look a bit tatty after four years of abuse, it’s still holding up well. The material itself still looks new, despite thrutching up many of the finest thrutchy and grovelly Cairngorm granite chimneys and cracks.
- The two biggest irritations when using this as a climbing shell is that there is no chest pocket to stuff gels/phone/compass etc into, and the main pockets sit a bit too low so the base of the zip sits underneath your harness which can make it awkward to get at gels etc on belays.
Overall it’s a great jacket, not expensive, and long lasting. After four years I’m beginning to think about replacing it but as the only alternative seems to be another one of the same, I’ll probably continue using it for a while yet.
Great softshell, 24 July 2016
By Ant (Hull)
Wore this softshell recently when scrambling around Malhamdale and Goredale Scar. The jacket has plenty of give and it's stretch allows for free movement when climbing. It kept out the wind and it's water repellency coped with a very heavy downpour really well. I strongly recommend this softshell jacket.
Great jacket - not quite windproof enough for me, 22 May 2016
By Dom (Glasgow)
Firstly this is a great jacket. The fit and quality of the jacket is really good. It has two generous pockets and the large hood is easily adjustable. The breathability is exceptional and its ability to protect from drizzle is better than expected. It appears to be really durable and comfortable.
It’s clear that this jacket is a good product. For me it didn’t have quite enough warm or wind protection for the weight and hence why I gave it a 4/5 and not 5/5. It does protect from wind but its focus is more on breathability than wind resistance. It feels a little like power stretch but whilst a bit more wind resistant it is nowhere near as warm. I’ve now opted for another jacket for Scottish winter. If you run hot and perspire a lot then it is likely be a good jacket for you.
Rab Exodus Softshell, 28 March 2016
Have worn this in all conditions, both as an outer jacket as well as between a fleece and a waterproof, and it performs brilliantly every time. Would recommend to anyone needing a high spec soft-shell.
This size chart should act as a guide only.
Men's Size Chart
Men's leg lengths:
Men's Size Chart
Short = 30"
Regular = 32"
Long = 34"
YOUR ORDER, YOUR WAY
At GO Outdoors we offer a wide range of delivery options to suit your needs. You can come into one of our fantastic stores to collect or have your items delivered to you at your convenience.
Please see our delivery page for more information. Restrictions apply. Prices and delivery times may vary for remote or rural parts of the UK. Working days are Monday-Friday, excluding UK Bank Holidays.
Check stock and reserve items at your store for collection the same day. If the items are available for home delivery, then we can arrange to have them delivered to your local store for the following day
Free Delivery over £50
You've spent over £50, you qualify for free delivery
Next Day Delivery
Upgrade your order to next day! Order by 8pm and get your item delivered to you the next day.
Order by 8pm Friday for delivery on Saturday (Not available for NI, Channel Islands or Highlands)
Order by 8pm and get your item delivered to you by 12pm the next working day (Not available for NI, Channel Islands or Highlands)
Delivery before 10:30am
Order by 8pm and get your item delivered to you by 10:30am the next working day (Not available for NI, Channel Islands or Highlands)
British Forces Post Office
Forces ONLY and cannot be used for civilian or business deliveries
International Delivery will take between 7 - 10 days and you are liable for any local duty and/or taxes
Returning an Item
If you receive your order and it is not what you are expecting you can return it back to us within 30 days of receiving the goods for an exchange or refund (including the delivery charge if you return it within 14 days).
You can return your items by using Collect+ or by taking them to any GO Outdoors store (except Hathersage) using your delivery note as proof of purchase.
Unfortunately, orders paid for using PayPal cannot be returned to store and we are currently unable to offer free returns as we offer free delivery over £50 as standard.
See our returns policy for more information.