MSR Miniworks EX Water Filter:
The Miniworks EX is one of the best selling filter on the market, delivering long-lasting, fully field-maintainable water filtration.
The filter has a durable ceramic element that ensures protection, pumps water for years and can be cleaned repeatedly.
The MiniWorks is very lightweight and compact, thanks to an innovative AirSpring Accumulator that is capable of pumping one liter of water per minute.
- Long-lasting: Durable ceramic element ensures protection and will pump water for years.
- Field-maintainable: Can be cleaned repeatedly for full filter recovery; no tools required for complete disassembly.
- Fast Flow: AirSpring Accumulator increases filtration speed; up to 1 liter/minute.
- Effective Protection: Removes bacteria, protozoa (including crypto and giardia), and particulate.
- Better-tasting Water: Carbon core removes unpleasant tastes and odors caused by chemicals, such as iodine, chlorine, and pesticides.
- Miniworks EX,
- Stuff sack
- Hose float
- Scrub pad
Add A Review
Great bit of kit., 27 March 2012
Got mine from you just after xmas. Been using it since. Great bit of kit. Worth the extra weight, especially as it weighs less than a big bottle of water, but can provide endless 'bottles' in return.
Mostly recently used last weekend in the Lake District. 20c+ weather all weekend meant that our water supplies and reserves were getting hit, hard. Having the Miniworks filter meant we were able to top up from streams and not have to worry about running out of water, removing a major concern and improving our weekend. Pump action is quite quick. but a workout over long periods (after about 4-5 litres).
If you find that water flow is slowing, and there seems to be more air than water in the top chamber, its time to clean the ceramic filter.
One thing i must stress however is the importance of disassembling the unit and allowing it to air dry when not actively in use. While on the trail is fine, but if you allow it to remain damp inside for an extended period, mould will grow. It can easily be removed using the supplied scourer and plenty of rinsing water, but if you avoid creating the problem, you won't have to deal with it.