Super-tough, ultra-lightweight, and customisable for the perfect fit - a pack designed to make long-term trekking much more comfortable.
Designed to make long distance kit-carrying simpler, easier and more comfortable, the Montane Grand Tour 55 Rucksack is super-light and very tough, and can be tailored to fit you perfectly and give you the support you need.
Tough fabrics, reinforcement where it works, plentiful useful pockets, clever access and useful loops and fixings all come together to make your experience on a long trail less work and more fun. You'll find that you can fit in more kit - and carry it more easily - than you may be able to with other similiarly-sized rucksacks.
This rucksack is available in two sizes, S/M and M/L - click here to see the M/L version
Check the 'Info' tab above to see details about the adjustable 'VertErgo' back system
- Back length: 40cm - 45cm (16" - 18")
- Weight (approx.): 1,345g (47.4oz)
- Stripped weight (approx.): 1,162g (41oz)
- Lightweight RAPTOR Zero fabric - incredibly lightweight with a superb DWR and formidable tear resistance
- RAPTOR UTL ultra tough, lightweight base panel prevents abrasion against rock surfaces
- GRANITE STRETCH skirt lid side panels - fabric hugging lid closure and additional storm protection with a sleek shape
- Moulded MONTANE® ‘Comfort Back Pad’ with channels that wick sweat and rainwater away from the body and add ventilation
- ‘VertErgo Tour’ back system provides strength, comfort and support - extremely lightweight, it can be removed to save weight, and can be shaped/tailored to fit your back
- Pre-curved aluminium bar across the top of the back panel provides structure for top tension straps to torque off (does not inhibit head movement)
- Two shoulder top tension straps let you pull the pack weight close, to control stability
- Waterproof-shell-friendly CONTACT Mesh on the shoulder straps and ‘Comfort Back Pad’ facings prevent abrasion to your clothing, even with heavy use
- Two large front stash pockets, for wet kit
- Large top buddy pocket for front access whilst on the move (large enough for an OS map)
- Two large stretch mesh lower pockets
- Two elastic loops with cordlock adjustment (for walking poles) at the lower rear, additional side sleeves in upper compression strap - keep your poles in check when you're moving
- Chest harness with left hand clip prevents bulky buckles over the sternum
- Four symmetrical single hand side compression straps pull around pack contents for additional stability
- Wide mouth central opening with ‘Cord Lord’ quick release
- Internal top compression over mouth opening gives you additional storage if you need it
- Extendable internal top sleeve for extra storm protection, with double compression closure
- Space-saving external top lid, for good vertical pack compression
- Elastic loops on shoulder harnesses
- Reversible mitt and glove friendly locking webbing buckles, glove and mitt friendly zip pulls
- curve hip fins for great comfort and strong stability whatever the terrain
- Double tension waist harness
- Internal security pocket (with vertical upside down zip) for coins and key (with key clip)
- Right and left hip pockets
- Front central and two left and right high webbing gear loops
- Includes drawcords that can be affixed to front loops for additional stretch front storage
- Quality nylon webbing used throughout
- H²O top right tube opening and internal bladder storage sleeve
- Double head zip and two zip garages on buddy pocket
- Arm shoulder harness gear loops and H²O tube attachment
- Top load easy grab hauling handle
- 360° ‘DUSK TILL DAWN’ head torch reflectivity at lower rear of pack
This size chart should act as a guide only.
Men's Size Chart
|Inside Leg (cm)
|Inside Leg (Short) (cm)
|Inside Leg (Long) (cm)
Men's Size Chart
Women's Size Chart
YOUR ORDER, YOUR WAY
At GO Outdoors we offer a wide range of delivery options to suit your needs. You can come into one of our fantastic stores to collect or have your items delivered to you at your convenience.
Please see our delivery page for more information. Restrictions apply. Prices and delivery times may vary for remote or rural parts of the UK. Working days are Monday-Friday, excluding UK Bank Holidays.
Check stock and reserve items at your store for collection the same day. If the items are available for home delivery, then we can arrange to have them delivered to your local store for the following day
Free Delivery over £50
You've spent over £50, you qualify for free delivery
Next Working Day
Upgrade your order to next day! Order by 8pm and get your item delivered to you the next working day.
Order by 8pm and get your item delivered to you by 12pm the next working day (Not available for NI, Channel Islands or Highlands)
Delivery before 10:30am
Order by 8pm and get your item delivered to you by 10:30am the next working day (Not available for NI, Channel Islands or Highlands)
Order by 8pm Friday for delivery on Saturday (Not available for NI, Channel Islands or Highlands)
British Forces Post Office
Forces ONLY and cannot be used for civilian or business deliveries
International Delivery will take between 7 - 10 days and you are liable for any local duty and/or taxes
Returning an Item
If you receive your order and it is not what you are expecting you can return it back to us within 30 days of receiving the goods for an exchange or refund (including the delivery charge if you return it within 14 days).
You can return your items by using Collect+ or by taking them to any GO Outdoors store (except Hathersage) using your delivery note as proof of purchase.
Unfortunately, orders paid for using PayPal cannot be returned to store and we are currently unable to offer free returns as we offer free delivery over £50 as standard.
See our returns policy for more information.