A selection of some walking routes to try around the UK
If you’ve found yourself inspired by ‘Britains Favourite Walks’ on ITV and you’re looking for somewhere to get your boots muddy this weekend, we’ve compiled a few lists that might help you find what you’re looking for, with over 150 walks to choose from, there should be something for everyone.
As part of our ‘Things to do in the UK‘ series, we often find walking routes which feature some pretty fantastic things to visit along the way or places for you to discover. So take a look below and find a walk that suits what you’re looking for:
- Peak District – 10 Peak District Walking Routes
- Lake District – 10 Lake District Walking Routes
- Snowdonia – 10 Snowdonia Walking Routes
- Loch Lomond & Trossachs – 10 Loch Lomond Walking Routes
- Yorkshire Dales – 10 Yorkshire Dales Walking Routes
- New Forest – 10 New Forest Walking Routes
- Cairngorms – 10 Cairngorms Walking Routes
- Pembrokeshire Coast – 10 Pembrokeshire Coast Walking Routes
Places to Visit
- Forest Walks - 15 Forests/Woodland to visit in the UK
- Waterfall Walks – 15 Waterfalls to visit in the UK
- Lake & Loch Walks – 15 Lakes, Lochs & Reservoirs to visit in the UK
- Coastal Walks – 15 Coastal Walks to Try in the UK
- Mountain / Hill Walks – 15 Mountains in the UK that you should climb
We’re adding to our list all the time, so be sure to check back to the blog to find more inspiration throughout the year.
A good walk starts with the right kit
If you’re interested in walking but not sure what boots you need, or if you’re looking to replace your old boots, In the videos below Charlie explains what you need to know before you pick out your next pair of walking boots.
Which walking boot is right for me?
How to properly fit a pair of walking boots
Why not try Geocaching?
Add some more adventure to your walk by seeking out geocaches. With thousands around the UK to be found, there’s always something to keep you going. Find out more about how to get started geocaching here.